Our commitment to sustainability.
At Glasmeister, we aim to distribute our products responsibly. We do this by, amongst other things, ensuring the traceability of glass and carefully considering and selecting the partners we work with. Currently, we source our collection from three countries: Germany, Poland, and Italy. This enables us to trace 100% of our assortment to European manufacturing facilities while maintaining high quality, social, and environmental standards. For instance, all of our key partners are committed or praised for their environmental responsibility. Measures are taken to promote sustainable actions to minimise the impact on the environment by, for example, ensuring continuous use of recycling and a significant reduction in energy consumption. Two furnaces run on renewable electrical energy at one of our key partners, and the others will be converted in the near future. Another key partner is among the 200 Italian “Green Stars”, a ranking of the most sustainable companies, which is currently piloting a new furnace that can significantly reduce CO2 emissions by 2030.
Sustainability Product Label*.
When it comes to sustainability, it is more about progression than perfection and also being transparent along the way. To keep ourselves focused, we have developed a sustainability product label as a feedback loop to ourselves.
This label is strategically aligned to complement our sustainability efforts. The purpose of this tool is not to compare ourselves to competitors. On the contrary, it is a tool born out of a desire to create full transparency and set a baseline in terms of sourcing. At the same time, it acts as a guideline for our customers, how our items are ranked among each other.
We will continue to develop and improve ourselves and this label. Below you will find more information about our score.
*Closures and accessories will be labelled in phase II.
We have assessed all of our glass items against the following seven sustainability criteria:
- Designed for recycling: for products that are easy to recycle, for example, items made using mono-material.
- Lightweight: are made with a minimum of material, resulting in lighter products and lower transport costs.
- Made from recycled content: items where waste (the use of internal or external cullet) has been converted into high quality products.
- Produced with renewable energy: includes ways of replacing fossil fuel production with, for example, electrically heated furnaces.
- Made in Europe: we have established a greener supply chain through reduced freight emissions by using production facilities that are relatively close to our warehouse.
- CO2-friendly produced: incorporates measures to reduce CO2 emissions, for example, by using sustainable materials and reducing waste through remanufacturing.
- Reusable circular solution: these products can be easily refilled or reused based on the product's design.
For this label, each criterion has the same weight. The more criteria met, the higher the score. This means that a product that fulfils six or seven requirements receives an A. If it meets five criteria, it gets a B, three to four a C, one to two a D, and if it does not meet any criteria, it is granted an E.
We believe that our Sustainable Product Label is just one step towards a more sustainable future. As part of our ongoing sustainability goals, we are committed to continually reviewing, evaluating, and adapting our course on technological improvement and the latest innovations in manufacturing, transportation, and other processes to further enhance a greener supply chain. We welcome all questions and suggestions and will be happy to exchange thoughts on this crucial matter.